In need of motivation? Feeling low? Anxious about trying new things? Want to meet new people? Money or housing worries? Feeling a bit “stuck”?
What is Social Prescribing? It is a FREE service linking patients to extra services and support within your local community and Bristol.
What is Social Prescribing?
A referral is made to a Link Worker who will make contact with you to arrange a time to meet. You can access up to six 1-1 sessions based at your GP practice. Together we can:
- Explore what is important for your health and wellbeing.
- Identify the local activities and services you can benefit from.
- Gain support and encouragement to start using services that can help you.
How can it help?
We can link you with many services and community support groups.
These may include:
- Arts, gardening and creative activities
- Physical activities and healthy eating
- Housing, benefits and financial support and advice
- Employment, training and volunteering
- Education and learning
- Befriending, counselling and specialist support.
The Next Steps
- Ask your GP or practice staff to refer you to ‘Social Prescribing’. You can also self-refer.
- A Link Worker will make contact by phone to set up a first appointment to meet. During the first meeting you can discuss and share issues and concerns you wish to resolve.
- Together you can find ways to access services, resources and groups across North Bristol. This may include further sessions or practical help to attend groups or activities.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.